Welcome to The Particle Accelerator. The Palm Coast Busters official forum!

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Event Info & Sign Up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Event Info & Sign Up   Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:54 pm

Hey Gang,
It’s that time again.. yes.. MEGACON!

MegaCon
March 2011
March 25th - 27th, 2011
Orange County Convention
Center, Hall D
9800 International Drive,
Orlando, FL 32819

As most of you know, last year was a big deal for us as we had the ECTO in the main lobby, and the turnout of Ghostbusters was amazing.
We’re hoping this year will be just as big.

Unfortunately, the car will not be in the lobby this year.. we basically don’t fit.. and by that I mean.. can’t get the ECTO through the MegaCon doors. We had to go through another convention which was a major pain in inconvenience for both us and the convention center.

BUT.. GOOD NEWS… the ECTO will be on the convention floor which I think works out better. The ECTO and our groups set up will be located on the other side of artist alley, towards the back.

We would love to have as many of our members there as were planning on taking a different approach to our “booth.” Instead of the focus being on the ECTO, we’re planning to tie the two together and let it be known who it is we are (PCGB) as well as what we actually do with the car (Charity work & events). So were going to push with more interactivity, and showing what we do through pictures and posters (descriptive things). That way any group or organization looking to have something “different” at their event they will see that were “for hire” so to speak.

We picked up a great event last year through word of mouth, and were hoping to do that again this year..but at a larger more known scale.

If any of you have any ideas on this we would to hear them.

Also, we have teamed up with the Orlando Ghostbusters to host the 2nd Annual, MegaCon Ghostbusters Night on the Town. Dinner will be at Uno’s Pizzeria located 1-2 miles from the convention center, followed by mini golf at Pirate’s Cove located across the street.

Last year’s night on the town was a blast, so don’t miss out. More info can be found at http://www.gbfans.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=24076

Be sure to visit the Facebook page found in that link and let us know if you able to come so we can make sure we have enough seating.

PostSubject: Re: Event Info & Sign Up   Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Looking forward to meeting y'all there. I'm from Melbourne, got my costume together and working on a pack currently.

If you need a hand with the booth I'd be willing to help.
Back to top Go down
ThePinkGhostbuster

PostSubject: Re: Event Info & Sign Up   Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:51 pm

Hey there,
Welcome to the forums, please feel free to introduce yourself in the Introductions section of the website as we'd love to learn a little about you.
As well as if you are interested in joining the group.

If you have any questions feel free to post them up and one of us will answer them.

Looking forward to meeting you at MegaCon, and feel free to post pictures of your costume and pack progress.

PostSubject: Re: Event Info & Sign Up   Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:32 pm

ill most likely be there. this will be my first time going i need to work out the ligestics of it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Event Info & Sign Up   Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:49 pm

due to lack of funds and that i just found out im going to be involed in a movie shoot the week leading up to the con. and my lack of any type of pack at all yet =@.@=. im just guna skip going this year i think.
Back to top Go down
ThePinkGhostbuster

PostSubject: Re: Event Info & Sign Up   Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:32 am

Aw that sucks Sad MegaCon is huge, totally the con to go to down here if you can.

PalmCoastBuster

PostSubject: Re: Event Info & Sign Up   Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:35 pm

I'll most likely be going to Mega (I'm about 98% sure right now), if you need assistance setting up on Thursday or Friday let me know!
-K
Back to top Go down
Michelsen_N

PostSubject: Re: Event Info & Sign Up   Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:02 pm

you know I'm there !... still need to pick up the business card holders.. but I'm picking them up this weekend

PostSubject: Re: Event Info & Sign Up   Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:13 am

I'm going, wrapping up the pack in the next day or two then get my Thrower assembled.

Fairly excited about it - be there 2 or 3 days depending.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Event Info & Sign Up   

Back to top Go down

Event Info & Sign Up
Page 1 of 1